Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney in Orange County and Goshen NY
Proven Results in Medical Malpractice and Dental Malpractice
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Jim Cupero began his career defending physicians in medical malpractice cases. For the last 20 years, he has exclusively represented personal injury victims, including those who were seriously injured by the negligence of medical or dental professionals.
These cases are expensive, tough to prove, and hard-fought by doctors, dentists and their insurance carriers. The Law Offices of James J. Cupero, PLLC takes on the full burden of such a lawsuit. If you suspect medical malpractice, we offer a free case evaluation. We have represented clients in Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster, Rockland and surrounding counties of New York.
Medical Malpractice and Dentistry Negligence
Jim Cupero has secured notable settlements on behalf of clients. With his background as a defense attorney in malpractice litigation, he can readily identify a good case. Contact our firm regarding:
- Diagnosis errors — failure to diagnose cancer or serious illness, harmful treatment, or unnecessary surgery from a misdiagnosis.
- Surgery errors — nicked arteries or organ damage, objects left behind, performing the wrong operation, and anesthesia injuries.
- Medication errors — wrong prescriptions, overdose, cross-reactions with other drugs.
- Birth injuries — mismanagement of pregnancy and labor, or failure to perform a timely C-section or recognize fetal distress, resulting in brain damage or nerve damage.
- Dental malpractice — nerve damage, chronic pain after a procedure and disfigurement.
In one medical malpractice case, the firm recovered $10.8 million in total payments to the family of a newborn who suffered permanent and profound brain injury at birth. Clear evidence of the baby's distress on fetal monitor strips was ignored for nine hours by nurses and three different OB/GYN's.
In a dental malpractice case, Jim Cupero recovered $500,000 for a client subjected to an erroneous root canal.
The Right Experience for Tough Cases
A high percentage of medical malpractice cases go to trial. Your attorney must be prepared to go all the way and must have access to medical experts who can testify how the doctors, hospital staff or dentist failed to meet the standard of care. Attorney Cupero's insight from working on the other side of these cases is invaluable to anticipating defense arguments and preparing a credible counterargument.
Contact our Goshen, New York, law firm for a free initial consultation. We collect attorney fees only if we win compensation for you, and we pride ourselves on a high level of personal service throughout the process
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Animal Attacks
- Slip & Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Medical & Dental Malpractice
Call for a Free
or fill out our case evaluation form below