Animal Attack Lawyer
Animal Attacks Attorney in Orange County NY
Personal Injury and Trauma Compensation for Animal Attack Victims
If an owner knew or should have known their animal was a danger to others, victims of a dog bite or animal attack can sue for damages. The Law Offices of James J. Cupero, PLLC pursues full compensation for the resulting injuries, including reconstructive surgery or scarring/disfigurement.
Based in Goshen, New York, we represent clients of Orange County and the Mid-Hudson Valley who were bitten or suffered injuries in an animal attack, including dogs, other pets or farm animals. Contact us for a free case evaluation.
Animal Attacks under New York Law: One Free Bite?
Dog bite cases often hinge on proving that the dog was "dangerous" under state statute, meaning that the owner knew or should have been aware of the animal's vicious propensities. Jim Cupero has been successful in proving the animal's predisposition not only previous bites, but also aggressive behavior such as chasing, snapping, growling or attacks on other animals.
Once the dog is established as having evidenced prior vicious propensities, the owner is strictly liable for all medical care expenses, as well as the victims’ pain and suffering.
If you suffered a dog bite, animal attack lawyer Jim Cupero can help you recover damages for:
- Bites and claw wounds, including infections or rabies shots
- Scars and plastic surgery
- Nerve damage to hands, arms, legs or face
- Injuries suffered in escaping an attack
- Emotional and psychological damage
Experience and Results
Jim Cupero has secured many settlements and verdicts in dog bite and animal attack cases, many involving children. For example, he recovered damages for:
- A boy who suffered disfiguring facial scarring
- A young girl bitten on the face when a dog took offense to her Halloween costume
- A teenager who lost part of her lip when a friend's dog, with a history of biting, savaged her while she sat on the floor eating pizza
Did a dog bite you or a loved one, resulting in disfigurement or serious emotional damage? Are you a victim of an animal attack? Call 888-745-2948 for a free initial consultation with an Orange County dog bite attorney. We meet with clients after hours by appointment. We do not take attorney fees unless we are successful in securing compensation.
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Animal Attacks
- Slip & Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Medical & Dental Malpractice
Call for a Free
or fill out our case evaluation form below